Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life is something good...

I realized a few days ago... that each day here is getting better. That scares me - it scares me because I have come to expect crappy things to happen in my life - WHAT! when did that happen? Holy Cow. Things have gotta change... Life is good.
Life is good, life is good. This island is changing how I look at life, it is changing things with my family, my friends, myself. I am changing how I see the world. Meeting all these new people and starting to fall a little in love with all of them is wonderful. I wish that you all could meet them.

- I love taking breaks form work and going down to the docks and saying hi to all the people I know there.
- I love laughing about toys with Garth and other Four Winds workers.
- I love talking with Jessie and Leslie and Steph at night and laughing so hard I thought my soul could not contain the joy!
- I love shopping for birthday gifts and walking down main street, waving at people I know 9It's a small island) and loving my life.
- I love going into the little french store and speaking with the french guy and his wife who own it.
- I love when the days are warm and the smiles friendly.
- I love waking up early and biking into town for what is most likely 10-12 hour days of work at various jobs.
- I love coming home and playing cards with the kids.
- I love missing a whole bunch of people and thinking of them all the time... hoping they think "life is good" too.


This place is ... sigh ... magical.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Life IS pretty dang good. I think we all need to remember that more often (preferably all the time). This post has inspired me to think of a few of the things I truly love about my everyday life, no matter how inane it may seem.

Kelli said...

I HAVE met most of the people you know and love there!!! I LOVE to hear about you guys and especially that you are doing well.

ida.ho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ida.ho said...

this makes me so happy, that you guys are happy! it gives me hope, haha. :)

Oceanchild said...

Makes me wish I was there. I want to bike to work so bad, but I'm sure I'll die. I'm glad things are good though.