Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update from the Genthner household...

Every one of Sue and Jim's tenants are happily moved in. There are 6 of us: me, Meg, and Leslie--not to be confused with Wesley, who lives below us--Jessie (who lives in the garage apt) with her little sister Heather. I love having Wesley live below us for several reasons.

1) It always makes me think of that song "knock three times on the ceiling if you want me..." which Wesley had never heard before! Of course we had to introduce him to it, so we looked it up on youtube. Have you ever seen that music video? Hehehe...
2) He keeps his cell phone on the windowsill right below us, and every time it vibrates it sounds like one of ours is going off. Which is weird.
3) I've just made Wesley my official nighttime running companion. Which is great, because it's WAY too hot now to be running when the sun's up (even 6:30 am feels like noon!), and it's WAY too dark to run alone (even if it was safe to run with street lamps, which of course it is not). Also, I'm going to do a marathon in September. Top of Utah. You should, too Hana! If you're still around...

Jessie and Heather are wonderful fun. Jessie is the 1st mate on the sailboat when Wesley is not (and vise versa, they split the week). She fixes boats and she's been to all the most exotic parts of the world. Madagascar? Yep. Cambodia? Yep. Other cool places that I won't even name here? Yep. And Heather just got a job at a beauty salon, working with impossible twits who will make for some of the greatest stories we get out of this island, I'm sure.

As for Leslie...she's about to be the next Linguini of Nantucket. Maybe someday she'll tell you about that...

4 comments:

Dani said...

you guys sound like you're having a blast! so jealous. it's been raining, sleeting, and snowing here for the past two and a half weeks! seriously! it's never been such bad weather...but it's supposed to clear up soon, I HOPE.

Nikki said...

I still don't know who any of these people are. Maybe you could write a post about all of the major people in your life there so I'll know who you're talking about. How old is Wesley? Are you going to date him? I'm so confused.

deb said...

I agree with Nikki. I read this yesterday, and tried to mull it around until today to see if it made any more sense, and it doesn't.
Who's Wesley, and Leslie, and everyone else?

ida.ho said...

she's been to ALL THOSE PLACES and more? i, as you know, am jealous.