1.) I LOVE speaking french, in fact little else gives me that kind of pleasure (except for back rubs). I made a friend on the island who is from Paris and to my surprise I understand everything she says (except for a few words). I want to practice and listen to her all day long, I would never grow tried of it - my soul dances when she speaks. In fact I want to never speak English again...

2.) I have tried almost all the hot chocolate I can find on the island. Most of it is WAY overpriced. The stuff at coffee shop tastes like coffee, and the stuff down by the docks tastes like water. The guys from Nepal make a good cup, but I tend to like best the stuff we make at home (and then I can put as much whipped cream as I want on it).

3.) Shasha - (our adorable Jamaican co-worker) hooked Stephie and I on Banana chips. HOLY COW! These things are amazing. Anyone who knows me, know that I love bananas, but that I can only eat about half one in one sitting - they just seem too big to eat the whole thing. But banana chips, are not as sweet, and they do not taste like chips, and they are wonderful. The perfect thing to eat on an island.

4.) I am making so many new friends. Jessie and Heather - two way cool sisters that live with us as a BLAST to talk to. Wesley and I enjoy lemonade at the beach during our breaks. He also is back massage certified (he took a class or something) - why did we get so lucky?
AND then there are all the wonderful BYU kids I go to church with... we meet in an apartment and bless the sacrament on a coffee table... and there is a giant poodle and two lizards and I LOVE MY LIFE!

5.) It's so hot here and riding my bike is the only time I can find a breeze on this whole island. But I have fallen in love with this place. In fact... these past few weeks I found that a wave of general contentment has been washing over me, like the waves wash upon the warm sand in the middle of a hot day. 

6.) A testimony of the gospel is the most precious thing any of us could ever have. I love that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I love it, I love it! I love it more than hot coco, banana chips, bike rides, the beach and friends COMBINED!



3 comments:
yay for nantucket! I WANT TO BE THERE! seriously considering coming to visit...thinking about it pretty darn hard...
i love your posts.
Okay not to be mean, but...
Number 1. back rubs are NOT an option. they are every persons way to something better. don't be fooled. speak french all you like, stay away from back rubs unless you willing to rub a lot more (not that I care...i'm just saying more wants to be rubbed than a back)
Second. Banana chips? i wish you could have known my gma. She would have loved to shove her banana chips on you.
Third. The best hot chocolate is the cheap 7-11 with any flavor combo you like.
Post a Comment