Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our First Breath of New England Air…

Hope has a way of turning its face to you, just when you least expect it. I have to say that Heavenly Father knows how to give the best kind of gifts. When our first plane took off, we flew up above the clouds and the sun was just about to rise above Salt Lake Valley and I looked out the window to say goodbye… our plane flew up above the clouds and the most wonderful thing happened... The sun was waiting for us up there and streamed across the clouds in a graceful and beautiful scene that could only be described as breathtaking. Everyone around us was smiling. After seeing something like that, how could anyone not believe in God and how could they not believe that He is the most wonderful being in existence? I knew then that this was a good decision and that He would be with us.
___________________
Steph and I finally landed in Boston after 12 hours of travel. We were hopelessly tired from the trip and antsy with anticipation. I did not know what to expect from my family when I saw them. Driving through Boston and the suburbs brought back so many childhood memories. Massachusetts was a sweet haven of refuge when I was younger. It is the only place I remember my family being together and being happy. We got to my Aunt and Uncle’s driveway and my aunt was there. She gave me a big, beautiful hug and held me for a long time. She was very happy to see me, I was surprised because of the way my parents talk about me. My aunt and uncle are the most wonderful people. They love their two children so much – my two little cousins (I am the oldest on this side of the family of all the cousins.) Shannon and Erin are in Elementary school and are the spunkiest kids I have ever met. I love them, I love the hugs I am getting. I can not tell you the happiness that it is to feel at home somewhere and to feel loved by family. You have no idea, and after so many days of heartache – this is what is going to help me. I fell in love all over again with the East Coast, and with the magic that is here for me to rediscover.
_____________________
They are treating us like queens so far, and the best is yet to come… I have yet to see my other two aunts and my grandparents. I want to stay forever and get to know my family again. It has been so many years since I have felt like this. So many days I have had no where to belong. I belong here, this place, is the closest place I have to call home. Please don’t ever let me forget that I need to have more faith and trust that Heavenly Father always leads us to the places we need to be, He eventually gives us what we desire most and during the times of famine, remember… please remember that the lush valleys of blessing and love are waiting.
____________________
I feel so much like I do not deserve all of this. I do not deserve the wonderful friends I left for the summer and I do not deserve the New England beauty around me. I wish you could be here, I wish you could see what I see. This is a little bit of heaven.

Until we meet again...much love.

6 comments:

MJ said...

awww muffffin! so cite. i love your family.

Me, myself, and I said...

how fun, I'm excited to hear about your summer adventure. What a nice start with family...I'll be praying for your inclusion.
love... from me to you

Kelli said...

I'm so glad it's going well. I love you both! I'm there in spirit.

Nikki said...

I'm so happy for you, Meg! I'm glad it all turned out well. I'm eager to hear more about everything.

Dani said...

awww good! keep us updated and KEEP WRITING on your blog!

Oceanchild said...

I'm so glad you are happy. You have a better out-look on life than I do. You deserve life in NE, life in UT, life anywhere you like. Never think you don't deserve it....that's when things get....hard.