
This past Sunday we met up with my friends (LDS newleywed couple) who just moved to Boston. We went to church with them in Cambridge (next to Harvard University). After church (that was held in an old boiler building) we walked around Harvard since the campus was near by. It was HUGE - everything was immense and intimidating and old. I felt small (and shorter than usual). It is rich with history and tradition. I felt prestigious just being on the campus.

"Lucky Toe" Unsanitary.

(Above) This is the library - no words. Looks like a museum.
(Below) Some other building where classes are held. I think this is the the visitors center.

(Below) We also stopped by the Boston Temple. This was beautiful. Because of the controversy around the city of Belmont, the church could not build a bigger steeple, so Moroni looks huge onto top of this tiny steeple. ha. Some people say that Harvard is "the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.” But I do not think so… you can not get any “higher learning “ than the teachings of the Temple. Truth has been around for eternity… sorry Harvard – you lose. Sunday taught me that there is so much that I do not know. I am almost sure that BYU is harder than Harvard... we have to stay sober through the whole experience, they do not.

Until we meet again... Much Love.
8 comments:
Yeah, it's SO hard to stay sober at BYU ;)
That would be amazing to be able to tour Harvard. I want to go to Boston! Thanks for the pictures!
aw. harvard. poor larry summers.
jealous you got to visit harvard! that is my dream (law) school. the pictures i'm sure, don't do it justice though. *sigh* i'll have to go visit it myself i suppose...
hmm yeah for me it is a hard call with the moronis. I mean the gold....not so...matching. but you know how I am.
I love back east-ish, but everything is so old and gross...and bad plumbing. I'll stick west, but please keep positing the adventures.
oh...i have to go kill a dog.
imagine stoopin it up on the steps of the harvard library!! theres no way someone couldnt look cool doing that. straight out of a movie scene.
That Moroni does look huge! MEG! you are well on your way to seeing every temple! woot woot.
hahhaha i love all your witty comments. especially the one about our sober BYU experience. so true!
Post a Comment