You would love the island...
but I wish there was a LDS church.
This is what we did last Sunday to get to one:
1.) Wake up at 5:00am
2.) Leave by 6:00am
3.) Bike into town - barely make the boat by 6:30am
4.) Two hour boat ride to the mainland (and 30 dollars).
5.) Be picked up by the adorable senior missionaries.
6.) Drive a while to the church building.
7.) Three hours of church - sacrament!!!! (I hate not being able to get that. I use the word hate - because that is what it is.)
8.) Then drive for an hour dropping people off.
9.) Make it back to the docks by 2:30pm
10.) Two hour boat ride back to the island.
11.) Bike Home.
12.) Want to go to bed around 6:00pm.
So because of the long and exhausting voyage - Steph and I are on own today for church. I think she is taking it better than I am. Be grateful you have somewhere to go, if you do. Starting in June we will have a two hour block meeting and have the sacrement and everything... so I will be looking forward to that.
In other news:
The Island is turning out to be wonderful! Everything is an adjustment and I would be lying if I said none of it is hard - but there is such beauty and such opportunity for growth here.
Yesterday I met some people from Ireland and had the time of my life talking to them. I love the different kinds of people I am meeting here. All wonderful in their own ways. We will be posting pictures soon I hope.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What an adventure. I'm grateful that I have hundreds of wards to go to in the same amount of time. You need to post more!!
well. i'm sorry. about your church sit. uation. but. we went to jackson today and i thought of you. the. end.
Post a Comment