Sunday, August 10, 2008
Since everyone's posting about dreams
I've got a little something to add myself. So, recently I've been a little jumpy, I'm not sure why. I've always been the calm type, and can easily supress a scream because I don't often feel like screaming anyway. Well, I'll just say I've screamed quite a lot lately...very truly fearing for my life at times. A few nights ago Meg and I had just fallen asleep and Les was in the bathroom. I dreamed that a huge spider--the size of both my hands spanned out next to each other--was lowering itself from the ceiling, headed for my bed. I saw it in real-life detail, outlined by the pale light in our bedroom, and I suddenly screamed with such helplessness Leslie must have thought I was being attacked through the window. I then proceded (still in my sleep, and yet in real life) to jump from my bed and dart to the lightswitch, bathing the room in light and seeing reality for the first time as I had woken myself up by now. Leslie was stood halfway across the room, having come running to my rescue at the sound of my pain, and Megan sat disoriented and concerned in her bed. We all looked at each other as I realized there was no 10-inch spider around and just started laughing. Did I really just scream in my sleep? Isn't that what emotionally unstable people do? Leslie got me to look up the meaning of my dream on google, and this is what I found. Look under spiders. I'm a lucky, lucky girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
niiiiiiice. :0)
no. that interpretation is incorrect. the spider is obviously your fear of never seeing me again, and the only thing that will fix it is when you come back and see me.
so do it already.
I always have dreams about giant bugs/spiders! It's horrifying! Sometimes I could swear I can feel them crawling on me. You think I have some sort of phobia?
Post a Comment