My Dear "So-Called Friends" and future roommates (who decided to stay on the west coast instead of coming to this island with me),
It is that time of the month again. Stephanie left. crap. what am I gonna do here alone? I do have Leslie (thank goodness). She is wonderful, I am so glad she came here this summer. She is leaving soon and I still am staying here AND have to move into the garage. I am not going to be happy about that, because WHAT IF the crazy wild turkeys and those huge deer come and eat me in the middle of the night. however; I do LOVE it here, especially the ocean and I kind of like my new job, which consist of me, laying on the docks (literally), and watching the boat come in and out of the harbor. Yup, good times. I also get to spend some time in Boston before I leave with good old uncle rob. I can't wait. What I really can't wait for is to be able to move into my new (perfect) apartment, complete with perfect (kinda) roommates.
So..... I come back on october 7th. So don't forget. I will be cranky since I have a layover in TEXAS (what!?!?!?) and so much crap to do once I get home. See while I am here I get to pretend it is still summer.... yeah so, why am I even coming back to Provo???? There is no real reason for me to come back. I am going to be the "freaky weird girl who is living in Provo but not going to school (because I am out of money (but paid off my car(yea!) and I just hate school right now) person". who wants to hang out with that? I mean really? And no way am I going to Provo to date. that is laughable. who wants to date the "freaky weird girl who lives in Provo and not even going to school"? I am just going to lie. it has worked in the past.... I think I will tell people I am a senior (this is true) getting my undergrad in political science and then going on to law school. That will make me sound impressive... everyone lies about something, this should be mine. Or I could tell people I am majoring in Biology going on to medical school. Or I could tell people I can cook, sew, completed personal progress and am taking parenting classes to prepare to me to be a full time mom. NONE of those sound realistic. So maybe I could say I am going to be an elementary teacher, or that I am majoring in dance parties. People would believe that right? Everyone I love will soon be graduating, (or worse) getting married this year anyways. By the time I get back all the good callings will be taken in the ward and I will end up as greeter, (or worse) activities committee. anyways, so WHY am I coming back to Provo??? Well, because I miss you and it is the only place I have to call home. Kinda stinks since the only place I have to home sounds like an abbreviation to gross cheese. So just let me eat my 3 pound bag of M+M's and think of seeing your faces again.
Love always and forever,
Megan Duffy, MD
Future Managing Director of "Doctors without Borders



5 comments:
Oh Meg, I miss you and can't wait to see you again! I sure hope your summer is going amazingly well! Oh, and watch your comment about the greeter and activities committee...those are both my callings! Ha ha!! :) And don't you worry, my friend, I definitely won't be one of your friends that gets married this year! ;) I love you!!
Meg. You have no idea how much you need to come back to Provo. Even if it sounds like an abbreviation for a gross cheese (I have no idea what cheese you're referring to). You need to be with us because we love you. And I guarantee you can get a job at Chrysalis if you want to. So don't worry about a thing. Cause every little thing is gonna be alright, little Meggie.
PLUS our apartment is not complete without you.
provolone nikki. provolone.
I like Provolone. And I like that you referred to Provo as Provolone. I miss you Meg. Come home!
Post a Comment