My Love Life on the Island:
Haha. I do not have a love life here on the island (thank goodness, I am happy to have left that drama behind for a few months!) BUT I do have some funny stories about some of the guys around. So, I work with almost all males (not at the day camp, but at my job in town). Most of them are from different countries (most of the people on this island are not American, the tourist included). I have thoroughly enjoy talking to the plethora of Brittish, Australian, Irish and Italian guys this summer (why are Europeans so attractive?) but anyways,
1.) There is this black guy who works right around the corner. He buys a red bull every afternoon. He always calls me honey. He looks like snoop dog and scares me a little. He is pleasant enough to talk to but drops the 'F' bomb just about everyone other word. He sounds like a rap song. I think him and everyone else at his restaurant is on drugs. When he sees me in town, even if I am 20 feet away.. he calls to me... "Honey, Red Bull".
3.) There is Kadeem, Jamaican, who is convinced that I am not a virgin. That is too long of a story to post here. Calls me cutie. He is married, with a new baby girl. He tries to hug and touch me a lot. It scares me too.
4.) There is the very attractive and wonderfully kind Bulgarian kid who works next door too... he is great, he always gives me the "head nod". I consider this a good sign.
5.) Two Words: Summer Cops. All the summer cops are from the mainland with New England mannerisms, and (whoo) those nice looking uniforms. They are all in their early twenties. Another Two Words: Officer Gelb. I know, I know "Gelb"?!?! But seriously, he has to be the most adorable man I have ever laid eyes on. He is clearly from Boston and has the adorable accent to prove it. He comes in almost every night to the sandwich shop and orders. I shamelessly bat my eyes and make small talk. I love all the officers who come in, but especially him, because he has such a cute face. The other day, he came in like 4 times while I was working... and we had awkward experiences and I tried to flirt and my pathetic attempts sill make me laugh. I promise you there is NO WAY he thinks the "spacey girl behind at the sandwich shop behind the counter (me)" is cute (you should see what I wear everyday). But still that does not stop me from thinking another Two Words: Megan Gelb.
6.) Dave. The fireman. The Only Guy I Have Ever Met... that ACTUALLY makes me go weak in the knees with his smile. I did not think it was possible, but it is. Sigh.... Dave. The most beautiful name on the planet.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love that you think you're avoiding a love life by going to Nantucket. Meg, dear, you avoided having one when you were here, too. It needs to stop.
Also, gelb = yellow (in German). You could be Meg Yellow!
I LOVE the color Yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is the most enjoyable post of yours ive read in awhile, haha. i cant wait to hear stories like this from you in person. and this post reminds me of a song. "crush" by DAVID ARCHULETA ITS ON THE RADIO HAVE YOU HEARD IT
Hahaha, he looks like Snoop Dogg! That's great.
Post a Comment