Saturday, July 5, 2008

Riding in the Clouds...

I posted a bunch of pics/videos for Missy (and all the faithful that read this blog)... (and Brooke - look at this picture, my skills are approving, huh?) This was my favorite sunset, Stephanie and I chased it down...

Nantucket has been nicknamed - "the Gray Lady"... because of all the fog that comes to island, mostly at night. It is the most magical thing you have ever seen... like being in a real live fairy tale. I will be riding home from my jobs, and go past the graveyards and the old wind mill and I can only see about 40 feet in front of me. As I ride I can feel the water on my face and arms and legs and I breathe deep and drink in all the moisture in the air - it's wonderful. I am just riding in the clouds...
_________________
Happy 4th of July... I hope you had fun! I took the kids to Main Street in the morning and we got balloons and necklaces and saw about a million dogs dressed up in red/white/blue... people too. I saw some celebrities, Kathy Lee Gifford, Jerry Stiller (both have houses on the island). Main Street was packed... it's full of eating contests and face paint and funny hats. At High Noon - they have the annual "4th OF JULY TOWN WATER FIGHT". The firetrucks come into town and the firemen get the hoses and spray everyone... the kids come in bathing suits armed with water guns, and there is a huge vat of water at the top of the street where you can fill up your gun. Then everyone goes nuts, kids everywhere, buckets of water being thrown... for some reason always at me... and grown men in wet suits come and pick water fights with the kids... it was the BEST thing I have ever seen... I felt 5 years old again, everyone was having the time of their life - I laughed so hard... real, good, true, honest laughter... I am sure heaven will have HUGE water fights... if they don't - I don't want to go. My favorite part were they old people on the side of the street who came with their umbrellas, just to watch and laugh along with us.


I did not get to see the fireworks because I was working, although Scott and the girls and I all tried to watch them from the street - so many people went to the beaches to see them. They say that the firework display is lame here on the island for the 4th of July... but the one we saw last week was better. Jim took a bunch of us on the boat and we went into he ocean and watched them on the water... That night made me so happy...



Job Pictures:
The Deli - "Walters" This is where I work with two adorable Bulgarian girls and two great guys from Nepal. The deli is not sideways in real life.

CAMP ACKVENTURE.... me + fourteen 6 year olds = Summer Camp Fun!!!

I love hanging out with kids all day, singing on the bus and loving my life! We do all kinds of fun things... paper airplanes, BEACHES, sand castles, crab hunting, turtle attacking, games, giggles.




Maggie and Tommy (cuttest twins ever!!!)...

Beach fun...

Movies...

FRIENDS!!!! Church! The BEST parts of my life... this is our "crew", and they are great. :) FHE fun- painting shells and BBQ!


So... how is your summer going?

9 comments:

Dani said...

hey meg thanks for the corrective note about the sideways deli. boy was i confused...i thought for a minute it was a real live sideways deli in real life.

MJ said...

ditto, gloria. dit. to.

Meg said...

really girls.... that's all you had to say... I was only trying to be funny... and I knew danielle YOU would comment about that.... I can't wait to be made fun of in real life bu you two again in the fall...

Nikki said...

Yay for pictures and videos! I'm dying to hear more and more about your lives over there.
I love that in that turtle video you can hear Meg screaming more than any of the kids. :)
I'm having a pretty decent summer. It will get better in about a week and a half when I go to Southern California. Weehaw!

deb said...

1. I Want to Have A Water Fight! real bad.
2. You guys are tan, and cute. I'm jealous.
3. Nikki is going to Cali? Wha? Awesome.
4. I miss you.
5. I like sea shells.
6. I like you.
7. I like the color green.
8. My summer is uneventful.
9. Except that I have a roommate named Rose.
10. Oh, and I have to give a talk next sunday.
11. I think you are cool.
12. I am excited to play all the time.
E. WOOT!

The End.

hayley said...

Holy crap meg, sounds like you guy are having the time of your life and don't miss us a smidge.
Really though I wish I could be there with you guys enjoying your lives and making delightful memories.
And don't worry, Dani may make fun of you, but I make fun of Dani.
Let me guess, every man in the church there is after Steph?
Also, I beg to differ on the cutest twins thing. Have you looked at MY blog and MY twins???
Love you guys

Anonymous said...

hayley - every guy is not going after steph - because the only two guys that are married or involved at 18!!! hahah... but I DO MISS YOU ALL... and if you don't come to our apt. and sleep on our couch... all the time... or live in the closet - i will cry!

Unknown said...

that water fight looks AWESOME.
and i wish i had a mormon "crew" out here. i AM working at a summer camp and absolutely LOVe working with the kids and the other counselors...they're fantastically fun. so basically summer for me on the east coast is going marvelously as well! :)

ida.ho said...

there are two things in life that i absolutely love: adventures and friends to share them with. it looks like you girls are fulfilling both of my loves and for that i am happpyyy! :] my summer is just as granddd in a different way...omg i have so many stories for you!! haha. as usual, i crazily miss you both.