Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dreams should not always come true...

Missy's post reminded me of a recent dream that I had. What does it mean... I have no idea, but I would love a dream interpreter for this one!?!?

"I was having a baby. Twins actually. I was a very pretty, happy pregnant woman. I was overjoyed about having children. I did have a husband, but he was never around and I never saw his face. When it was time to have the baby, all my friends came to support me, and during labour I fell asleep and woke up to the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen. I did not even feel any pain. Then to my complete devastation, I realized that the other baby did not make it through. I was torn between the elation of the birth of one of my children and the death of another. All of us decided to go shopping at Target for the baby. In the store I fell the floor and felt very sick. Everyone had to take me to the hospital - I was internally bleeding. I knew I was going to die - my only thought was who was going to raise the baby? Then, I woke up."

Strange huh?

I had another dream last night...
One of my dear friends died. I could not stop crying, even after everyone else moved on. We all went to his funeral. I woke up very sad, meaning to tell all my friends I loved them so much. I just remember all the faces of my friends with tears in their eyes. If you read this blog you were in the dream and so many others... so many people that I know. I must be thinking about everyone a lot lately. It seemed like everyone I knew and loved was there... but they could not see me. I only spoke to a select few. The images of everyone, crying... and me - unable to be comforted - this friend meant to world to me. My family was not there, they are never in my dreams.

7 comments:

Dani said...

i had a dream about being preggo too! and then i had my baby, and went back to work at Teton Springs the next day (no lie). I was talking to joe and i said, "hey, guess what I did yesterday?" and he said, "what?" I said, "it was the coolest thing, i had a baby!" Then i realized that steve the 30 something golf pro was the dad, and that he was going to sue me for custody of the baby but i didn't think he was really going to...yeah, it was a weird dream.
but your dream? it obviously means you miss me. that's the only possible analysis. steph is the twin that lived (that you got to keep) and I was the twin that died (the one you left) and the only thing that will stop the internal bleeding is when you come back. deep, i know. how did your brain come up with that?

deb said...

You know, that really is a good explanation. I was going to make something up about your desire for cheezits... but dani's is much better. Just read hers. The end.

Nikki said...

I would totally raise your baby for you. And I don't even like kids. But I like you a lot.
I've never had a dream that I'm pregnant, and I hope I never do. That would be horrifying.
I think it's hilarious that you fell asleep during the delivery!

Oceanchild said...

Oh i hate pregnant dreams. I had them before I had Landon so I'm pretty sure my mind is keeping them from me now that it knows I don't like being pregnant. Thanks mind! :)

That is kind of a sad dream though. I can't really guess what it means. Maybe that with a new life, another may pass on? Maybe you starting your life in the church was the death of your previous life. Two lives can't exist? I don't know. Now I'm just being crazy. Miss you!

claire said...

funny. i had that exact same dream the other night. except i was pregnant with you.

Dani said...

NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Megan,

I just wanted to leave you this post to ask you for your address so that I can send you a wedding announcement! You are one of the LAST addresses I need!

:) I miss you!