I wish I was black. Can you guess why? If I was black, I could dance better, sing better, have bigger lips, have bigger hips, be able to be someone's shortay... AND I would not sunburn as easily.Well, I have the hips, but not the skin...I got a WICKED BAD sunburn... I mean it may be the worst sun burn of my life. The skin = the biggest human organ. We should take care of it. Leave it up to me to wash myself in vanity when I should be applying sunscreen. Vanity is a mean, evil thing and I need to stay far away.Every move hurts my body... I slept without my clothes (there was a sheet - sorry roommates), I can not bear to wear them in this sticky, hot, beachside island - (where you sweat just by breathing). We went ice skating today with the kids. I wanted to just lay on the ice naked (but I did not for the sake of the kids) - it did cool me off though. I tried to photograph the burn - but this is a G rated blog so I can not really post the areas of the burn - (up and down the whole left side of my body from my upper legs to my neck). I am an idiot.
I wish church was a lot longer. It is my favorite part of the week - blessing the sacrament on the coffee table. I feel so close to everyone on Sundays. It means so much to me to be around people with the same standards at least on one day. My love for everyone overflows at church. Overflows. Overflowing.
These are pictures of some of us girls in the kitchen at our "church". (We had two girls visit and stay with us this weekend from the Boston singles ward) .Oh I wish you could meet them.
I wish that I was in the Circus...
This day was a great day. I went to a world famous "Circus Flora" - The Circus by the Sea... it is only here for one weekend out of the whole summer. The huge, bright red tent can be seen for miles. It was at my favorite beach on the WHOLE island. I went with my Sweet Betsy friend and we shared many laughs during the night. I can not even explain how AMAZING it was... these people can do amazing things... the Cortez family (from Argentina) who did the flying trapeze had me on the edge of my seat... I could barely breathe, not wanting them to fall. The performers were from all over the world - Italy, Sweden, South America, Czech Republic, USA... I got to be a child again. How I loved it so.
This is the Wallenda family... we saw them walk across the tight rope and do the scariest tricks. They hold the World Guinnes Record for the seven person pyramid tight rope walk! Cool Huh?

I wish you could be here... Truly I do. 
I wish that you would comment.
5 comments:
i just wanted to let you know that i'm boycotting your wish by not leaving a comment.
oh...wait...
dang.
Meg-
I love your posts! I am so glad you are so happy out there. What an experience on Sundays! Wow! That is awesome. Keep in touch! We move to Denver this Saturday! Crazy! -Katie Ollmann
what a beautiful sunset. i saw one almost as beautiful in mexico over the weekend. briguy and i went surfing down there and it was amazing. the dolphins let us ride them too and we wore octopus like hats. it was really great. i bought a new hammock that will serve nicely as my new bed.
Holy burn! I haven't had one like that in a few years because I'm paranoid now. Believe me, it was tempting to start laying out in the sun again this summer what with a dark and partially Mexican boyfriend, but I resisted! I am just as white as ever!
I want to go to the circus!
wow. there are SO many things i could say about that "sleeping naked" part of your blog...shall I share them here for the blogger community to see? ha ha ha ha I'm going to show this to face.
I'll filter a little bit and simply say this: how are your fuzzy cankle socks doing?
*muffled laughter*
i freaking heart you. come home. NOW.
Post a Comment